The COVID-19 pandemic has forced companies to re-think the way they engage with clients and the public at large, and NAIC is no different. We are happy to announce that we have put together a plan that will enable us to engage with our members and institutional investors with even greater frequency and efficiency by leveraging technology to create robust virtual experiences.
Our transition to fully virtual engagements will allow us to increase the level of certainty that our events, programs and initiatives will take place as planned by eliminating the need for travel and exposure to the health concerns currently associated with public gatherings. We will continue to deliver the same rich, relevant content, host events to connect diverse-owned firms with leading institutional investors and engage with our member firms on an ongoing regular basis.
In short, we are committed to establishing a leadership position in the virtual market space without sacrificing the quality or level of detail that we have delivered in the past. To that end, the NAIC team is hard at work laying the groundwork on the following activities to maintain the high level of member engagement and value for which we are known.
Please stay tuned for specific announcements on each of these exciting programs!
- Institutional Investor Roadshows: We are targeting 8-10 virtual Institutional Investor Roadshows through the end of 2020 to bring together our members with decision-makers at leading institutional plans.
- LP Meetups: Initially launched during the NAIC’s 2019 Annual Private Equity and Hedge Fund Conference, these highly popular one-on-one meetings between member firms and leading LPs will take place in a virtual setting in October of this year.
- Member Communications: We have committed to more frequent member communications to keep our network apprised of business opportunities, industry news, NAIC initiatives and much more.
- NAIC Content: We will continue to deliver informative and relevant content, including industry news, deals, the latest research and more through our e-newsletter and social media platforms.
- Webinars: NAIC is currently developing a monthly online webinar/live session series with speakers of high interest and relevance to our members.
We realize that there is no substitute for face-to-face engagement when it comes to celebrations, so we are committing to an in-person 50th Anniversary Celebration, tentatively targeting a March 2021 date to mark the occasion. As always, we are keeping a close eye on the COVID-19-related restrictions and will provide details as these plans evolve.
We look forward to seeing everyone both virtually and when conditions permit, in person!