NAIC’s MBA Fellowship Program is designed to introduce female and/or diverse second-year MBA students with a focus in finance to the universe of diverse-owned private equity firms and hedge funds. With generous support from member firms Grain Management, Palladium Equity Partners, Stellex Capital Management and Valor Equity Partners, NAIC expanded its 2020-2021 program to five Fellows.
The application period for the 2021-2022 NAIC MBA Fellowship Cohort has ended. The 2021-2022 Fellowship period begins September 7, 2021 and will end on June 30, 2022.
- Exceptional team member with a focus on a career in private equity or the hedge fund industry
- High performing communicator, both written and verbal
- Passionate about increasing diversity and inclusion in financial services
- Responsive and committed to excellence in the execution of responsibilities
- Skilled at research, modeling and developing high quality, data-rich presentations
Structure and Compensation
The MBA Fellowship is a 10-month compensated fellowship; each year we will engage two second-year MBA students as a Fellow. Fellows will be compensated at a monthly rate of $3,000.00, or a total program cost of $30,000. The stipend is payable either directly to the Fellow or to their business school to cover a portion of tuition. Fellows will be required to work a minimum of 10 hours per week on NAIC assignments. Fellows will report to NAIC’s Chief Operating Officer. Due to the unprecedented response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Fellowship will be 100% virtual unless stated otherwise. Travel would only be required for special NAIC meetings and travel expenses will be covered by NAIC.
The responsibilities of the fellow will include, but not be limited to:
- Research on the Capital Allocator landscape, NAIC Member Firms, Emerging Manager programs across the country, and other relevant subject areas
- Data aggregation and complex presentation development
- Research and identification of potential NAIC members in the Private Equity and Hedge Fund sectors
- Development of a database of top diverse talent for relevant opportunities on portfolio company boards, as operating executives, and other positions relevant to our membership and stakeholder base